A simple but elegant salad for your special lunch or dinner. We love this decadent salad with roast chicken or pork tenderloin.
Warm Spinach and Goat Cheese Salad
- 12 ounce Baby Spinach Leaves - cleaned
- 4 ounces Goat Cheese - crumbled
- 1 /3 cup dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Walnuts - toasted
- * BACON DRESSING
- 2 Bacon strip
- 1/4 Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Shallots - minced
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large glass bowl place spinach and toos with the crumbled goat cheese, cranberries and walnuts.
- In a medium saute pan cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Crumble bacon when cool.
- Heat the same saute pan to medium-high and add olive oil, vinegar and minced shallots and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and pour over the spinach salad. Toss well with warm bacon dressing until spinach leaves are coated. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with crumbled bacon bits.
Copyright Judit + Corina
WINE PAIRING: “Goat Bubbles” Sparkling Wine or River Bench Winery Rose