There is a fabulous salty lemony taste to this easy going potato dish. These Roasted Colored Potatoes with Lemon Zest are a satisfying side dish to any meal and go fabulously with beef, such as a Tri-Tip, or chicken. The lemon zest and coarse salt gives these cute little potatoes an extra dose of flavor.
Oven Roasted Colored Potatoes with Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Lb Colored Potatoes - scrubbed & halved
- 2 Tbsp White Wine - Chardonnay
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- Sea Salt to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large roasting pan or baking sheet combine the olive oil, wine and potatoes. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer and season with salt and Pepper
- In about 15 minutes remove from the oven and with a large serving spoon, stir gently the potatoes around until covered well wit the pan juices. bake for an other 15 minutes or until the edges become crispy brown
- Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with the lemon zest and sea salt. Serve warm as a side dish.
- We love the flavors and the texture of these crispy on the outside and soft on the inside colored potatoes. You can enjoy it even at lunch with a nice big salad and also it makes a delicious companion to any roast or hamburgers.