We were so excited to visit and cook with Mollie the owner of Trattoria Mollie’s in Montecito. You will be amazed how simple and delicious this delectable Trattoria Mollie Apple Endive Salad is. The crisp apple pieces with the fresh endive and the vine ripe tomatoes, oh and lets not forget the sprinkling of crunchy walnuts, then drizzled with mild Italian olive oil is truly addictive.
Lets not forget the sliced parmesan on top for a perfect Insalate. The Trattoria Mollie Apple Endive Salad is a refreshing salad to start your dinner and we followed it with a pasta dish and a mixed fish plate. Mollie from Trattoria Mollie in Montecito, California sharred this amazing salad recipe with us one afternoon in the prisinte kitchen of her charming Montecito resturant. To see the video with step-by-step instructions just go here to the Apple Endive Salad video. We paired it with an Italian Pinot Grigio wine and enjoyed it on the patio of the restaurant with a view of the Coast Village Road and the quaint shops of Montecito.
Thank you Mollie for this divine recipe and we enjoyed it many times.
- 3 tbsp Walnuts - toasted & coarsely chopped
- 4 Belgian Endive - wiped, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Granny Smith Apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 4 oz Cherry Tomatoes - halved
- Black Pepper & Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice - freshly squeezed
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Parmesan shavings
- Preheat oven or Toaster oven to 350°F Toast walnuts in oven for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool to room temperature
- In a medium salad bowl combine endives, apples, cherrry tomatoes, salt & pepper, parsley, toasted walnuts and the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Divide the salad among 4 dinner plates and top the individual salads with the shaved Parmesan cheese. Drizzle a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil and serve right away.
- Wine Pairing: Mosby Pinot Grigio or Fanucchi Vineyard Trousseau Gris
- Recipe by chef/owner Mollie from Trattoria Mollie in Montecito, California