Most restaurants and bars in California serve pretty good Margaritas. There are endless delightful variations combining fruits and different liquors with the traditional Tequilla and we tasted our fair share living here. The last time we meet for Happy Hour on the Pier at Moby Dick Restaurant we both ordered their house special Italian Margarita which included Amaretto. It was refreshingly delicious and the bartender kindly gave us the recipe. Of course the Amaretto made it taste just like Italy…
- 1 oz Amaretto - almond liquor
- 2 oz Sweet and Sour Mix
- 1/2 oz Jose Cuervo Especial Gold Tequila
- 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- Salt to rim the Margarita Glass
- 1 Orange or Lime Wedge
- Pour all ingredients over ice, into a tall mixing glass with a lid and shake briskly
- TO RIM YOUR GLASS:
- Pour some salt into a small plate. Moisten the glass rim and turn the glass upside down and dip it into the salt
- TO SERVE:
- Strain the mixed Margarita into your chilled, prepared glass garnish with a lime or orange wedge and raise your glass and Enjoy!
Let us know which is your favorite Margarita!