There is always time for a refreshing Citrus Margarita. Virgin (no Tequila, no Contreau no… ok you got it. No alcohol at all) or non virgin (with alcohol even if it is a little splash) and no matter which one you choose they are pure delight to sip them along spicy Mexican fare.
As we did when we made our delicious Margarita Fajitas with chicken.
- 2 Navel Oranges – cut into pieces
- ½ Navel Orange – thinly sliced for decoration
- 1 Meyer Lemon – cut into pieces
- 2 Limes – cut into pieces
- ½ Lime – thinly sliced for decoration
- 1/2 cup Simple Syrup equal part water + coconut sugar cooked to a syrup
- 2 Tbsp Cointreau
- 1 cup Tequila – make sure it is good quality
- 4 cups Ice Cubes
- Place the citrus pieces into a large blender container. Add simple syrup and stir well. You can prepare ahead up to this step, cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Before serving add Cointreau, Tequila and ice cubes. Replace lid on the blender and pulse on low for a few times. Do not over blend!
- You can use more Tequila if you prefer it stronger. We kept it light for an early dinner.
- Pour a thin layer salt onto a plate. Use lime wedge to moisten the top of each glass and then dip them in the salt.
- Fill each glass with the Margarita mixture and garnish with the thinly sliced orange and lime slices.