If you like quick sweets as much as we do and enjoy to entertain with something sweet then you will want to make this recipe part of your basic repertoire. This decadent little mousse is just perfect with a full bodied Cabernet Sauvignon, Port or a jammy Zinfandel.
We like it with dark chocolate, however if you prefer a lighter milk chocolate then just replace the dark chocolate with equal amounts of Lindt Milk Chocolate (Lindt Swiss Classic, Excellence Extra Creamy) Living in Europe Lind’t Chocolates with so many decadent fillings and flavors were among our favorites and we had always a few bars in the kitchen cupboard. This recipe was inspired by the Lindt master Chocolatier.
- 3 bars 3.5oz/ 100g each Lindt Excellence Chocolate with 70% Cocoa
- 1 Tbsp 15g Butter
- 3 Tbsp 30 ml Hot Red Wine Reduction or Hot Water
- 1 Tbsp 15 ml Orange Liqueur like Grand Marnier
- 2 cups 475 ml Heavy Cream
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/4 cup 50g Coconut Sugar
- Melt the chopped chocolate and butter.
- Add the hot water and orange liqueur to the chocolate and stir to form a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until just barely firm. Set it aside in the refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg yolks and coconut sugar
- Add the chocolate to the egg yolks and stir until combined.
- Carefully fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into a bowl or individual serving cups, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate a minimum of 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with white chocolate curls.
Food & Wine PAIRING: Firesite Port or a jammy sweeter Zinfandel