One of the best breakfast experience we had in Los Angeles! The recipe is from owner, chef Timothy Abell of “Flatirontruck”. Perfect for a larger Holiday Breakfast or Brunch. Be careful the bacon maple butter is very addictive.
Photo via FlatironTruck
Challa French Toast With Bacon Maple Butter
- *** FOR THE TOAST
- 1 loaf of egg Challa - sliced into 1-inch slices
- 5 large Eggs
- 1 cup whole Milk
- 2 tbsp cold unsalted Butter - diced
- *** FOR THE BACON MAPLE BUTTER
- ¼ pound Bacon - cut in large dice
- 1 cup real Maple Syrup
- ½ pound cold unsalted Butter - diced
- Powder Sugar for dusting
- For the toast: Preheat the oven to 200° degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large non-stick pan over low heat.
- Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture, and cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and bread slices until all are cooked. Place in the oven to keep warm.
- For the butter: In a small pot, render the diced bacon until just crispy. Add the maple syrup.
- When it starts to bubble, remove from heat and add the ½ pound of butter. Stir until it’s fully melted and combined, and pour over French toast. Dust with a little powder sugar and serve immediately
Copyright Judit + Corina
WINE PAIRING: Thorton Brut Reserve – Sparkling wine
Photo by Lesley Bella The Public Kitchen